Here Are All The Disruptions In London Due To Storm Eunice
The latest London updates for Storm Eunice.
The strong winds from Storm Eunice currently pose a “danger to life” in London, and it’s wreaking havoc with the capital’s transport links, attractions, and more. Here’s what you need to know.
Please note, all information is correct at the time of the last update (4:57pm GMT, Friday February 18)
London airports have seen flight cancellations and delays due to the strong winds:
- London City Airport has cancelled all flights until 4:30pm.
- A number of flights have also been cancelled at Heathrow – all travellers are advise to check departures before making their way there.
- There are delays and some cancellations at London Gatwick, and the inter-terminal shuttle has been closed since 12pm, with a replacement bus service in operation instead.
- London Stansted is urging customers to check in advance, but will continue their Stansted Express rail services from Liverpool Street, albeit at reduced speed.
There’s chaos on the London Underground too, with the following issues:
- No service on the Bakerloo line (Queens Park – Harrow & Wealdstone) due to an obstruction on the track.
- Delays on the Central line due to obstructions.
- Severe delays on the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, and Metropolitan lines.
- No service on the District line (Barking – Upminster, Earls Court – Ealing Broadway and Richmond) due to obstructions on the track.
- No service on the Metropolitan line (Wembley Park – Aldgate) due to an obstruction on the track.
- No service on the DLR (Royal Victoria – Beckton) due to items on the track.
- Severe delays on the Piccadilly line (Acton Town and Uxbridge – Heathrow Terminals) due to an earlier obstruction.
- On the London Overground, there’s no service between Euston and Watford Junction (obstruction on the line), no service between Clapham Junction and Wandsworth Road (signalling problem), no service between Stratford and Richmond/Clapham Junction (obstructions on the line), no service between Liverpool Street and Enfield Town/Cheshunt/Chingford (obstructions), no service between Romford and Upminster.
- On TfL Rail, there’s no service between Paddington and Heathrow Airport/Reading due to obstructions on the track. There are also severe delays between Liverpool Street and Shenfield.
- All trains out of Euston station have been grounded until further notice.
More London travel news:
- National Express services are not operating south of Birmingham between 8am-5pm due to Storm Eunice. Customers are advised not to travel due to short-notice changes to services.
- South Western Rail services have been suspended until at least 6pm.
- All train lines in South East London are “blocked by fallen trees” and every all services to and from Kent are cancelled.
London landmarks, businesses and attractions are facing issues as the winds batter the capital:
- The O2 Arena roof has ripped open, and tonight’s concert from Fugees has been cancelled.
- A “major incident” has been declared by the London Fire Brigade, due to the volume of 999 calls being taken for incidents related to Storm Eunice.
- The London Eye is closed.
- Kew Gardens is closed all day.
- Hampstead Heath is closed to visitors due to high winds.
- The Old Vic is closed, and performances of A Number tonight have been cancelled.
- Deliveroo have cancelled all orders to keep their drivers safe from the storm.
- London’s Bridgerton Ball has cancelled tonight’s show and will issue vouchers or refunds.
- Titanic: The Exhibition is closed today.
- The Money Heist experience in South Kensington has cancelled today’s performances.
We’ll update this page with more information as soon as it arrives.
Also published on Medium.