In episode 21 of the podcast, we share our favourite experiences from our 12-week spring/summer tour of England and Scotland.
These include 3 very different accommodation options, a castle famous for appearing in a popular TV costume drama, a road trip, a train ride, a photoshoot in London, a football match and a landmark which is the title of a song associated with Vera Lynn.
We have chosen experiences which include destinations in England (including London) and Scotland and we know will provide inspiration for your own travels around the UK. We struggled to choose only 10 and I am sure if we chose on a different day we would probably come up with a different list.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 21 – Show Notes
Favourite travel experiences in England & Scotland 2022
Places and experiences mentioned in this episode include
- Saint Michaels Mount in Cornwall >> A famous tidal island and castle with stunning tiered gardens. Located opposite the village of Marazion.
- The Jacobite >> Steam train associated with Harry Potter which travels between Fort William and Mallaig and crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct.
- Highclere Castle >> Famous castle which features in Downton Abbey and ancestral home to the Carnarvon family.
- Liverpool Football Club >> According to Doug the best football team in the world.
- North Coast 500 >> Famous route around the north coast of Scotland which begins and ends in Inverness.
- Scalens Studio >> Offers photoshoots in London.
- The White Cliffs of Dover >> Chalk cliffs situated along the south coast of England facing the Strait of Dover and France.
- Wee Hoose Glamping Pod >> Accommodation along the NC500 route located near Kinbrace. Perfect for catching the ferry to the Orkneys. Click to book.
- Loch Eyre House >> Wonderful guest house located on the Isle of Skye near Portree. Click to book.
- On the Moor Shepherd’s Hut >> Perfect accommodation option located on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall. Click to book.
Episode 21 – Useful resources
We also have some useful planning resources on this website if you wish to include any of these experiences into your own UK itinerary.
- Podcast episodes
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!