In episode 44 of the UK Travel Planning Podcast, Tracy and Doug Collins, Founders of UK Travel Planning, chat about their Cornwall itinerary from their trip in 2022.
Click the blue button below to listen:
Episode 44 – Show Notes
Coasting Around Cornwall | Tales and Tips From Our 7 Day Road Trip Adventure
In this episode, you will learn:
- Which locations Tracy and Doug visited on their road and train travels in Cornwall
- How to get around Cornwall and what to expect from the narrow country roads and the busy car parks
- Why it’s important to book ahead, especially during the summer months
- Highlights not to be missed in Cornwall.
Places mentioned in this episode include
- Clovelly – village famous for its cobbled streets and pretty harbour. Here you’ll find the Snug and Harbour Bars.
- Tintagel – a village famous for its castle and for being the birthplace of the legendary King Arthur of Camelot.
- St Michael’s Mount – an island linked to the town of Marazion. You need to plan your visit via the ancient cobbled walkway carefully as at high tide it is covered and inaccessible on foot. The walkway is open for around 4 hours a day depending on tides and weather.
- Mousehole – A picturesque fishing village filled with charm.
- Porthcurno – a small village with a stunning golden beach. It’s also the place to find the Minack Theatre, a stunning location to watch outdoor performances. Be sure to check out what’s on in advance and if you’re lucky you might be able to see a performance during your stay.
- Levant Mine, Beam Engine and Geewvor Tin Mine – historic tin mines and part of Cornwall’s mining heritage.
- Looe – another picture postcard coastal town that is the location for the series, Beyond Paradise.
- Jamaica Inn – a famous smuggler’s inn made world-famous by Daphne du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn novel.
- St Ives – a seaside town with a large beach and plenty of cobbled streets to explore (and fabulous fish and chips!)
- Bodmin Moor – stunning granite moorland designated as an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Tracy and Doug stayed in this Shepherd’s Hut.
- Land’s End – Land’s End is a headland and famous landmark at the westernmost point of Cornwall. It is also a tourist attraction with various activities and a holiday complex.
- St Austell – one of Cornwall’s main towns.
- Paignton – a seaside town on the coast of Tor Bay in Devon.
- Dartmouth – a pretty town in Devon set on the bank of the estuary of the River Dart.
- Port Isaac – the location for the Doc Martin TV series.
⭐️ A PDF transcript of this episode is available to download here
We also have some useful planning resources on this website
- AA Route planner – a way to plan your driving routes and consider drive times in the UK
Related podcast episodes
- Episode 12 – Driving in the UK: Prepare for your trip with Tripiamo
- Episode 24 – An introduction to Cornwall with Meneage Tours
- Episode 37 – Trip Report – 6 week family adventure from Australia to the UK that includes a visit to Cornwall
Subscribe and review
If you have found our Podcast helpful please leave us a review! We really appreciate your support and it will help make our podcast visible to a greater audience.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss any future episodes!
This article was originally published by Uktravelplanning.com. Read the original article here.